Early Bird Pricing For Summer Program 2024 Ends Feb 23
Do you want to seriously pursue robotics? This is the ideal track for you to apply all your existing skills and go to the next level. In this session you will build EvoDog, an advanced AI-enabled quadruped robot dog, completely from scratch using Arduino Nano, Raspberry Pi, Camera, IMU and many other advanced components, and then program and teach it to walk, run and do tricks on 4 legs just like a dog. When complete, take EvoDog home and use it as a pet around your house!
In Part 1 you will build the robot from ground up. In Part 2 you will make it AI-enabled, WiFi-connected, and learn how to program it to do all kinds of tricks.
By the end of this course, students will have learnt:
- Deep dive into kinematics - synchronized motion control of large number of motors and joints
- How to use real animals' behavior and structure to make better robots
- ROS - Robot Operating System
- Virtual Machines
- OpenCV - Computer Vision
- Raspberry Pi, Arduino
- Power Management
- High power robot motors and joints
- Each student will receive brand-new hardware and non-shared equipment.
Optionally, by attending the week of July 1, you will learn how various objects and robots are designed and manufactured from ground-up using Autodesk Fusion 360, so you can design and bring your own ideas to life!
Each student will receive a kit of parts and supplies upon arrival. Once the sessions are done, the kit and additional supplies are for you to take home for continued enjoyment and learning!
Basic knowledge of coding. Comfortable using a computer. Student will need to have a computer with admin rights during this session.
Social Distancing Policy
We have worked hard to create a safe setup that minimizes risk:
Masks are now optional
Reasonable social distancing will be encouraged and unnecessary huddling will be discouraged
We recommend each student bring their own water bottle.
What To Bring
- Each student must bring his/her own Mac Or Windows laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install the Arduino IDE and other necessary utilities.
- Chromebook will not work
- A USB-C to USB adapter if your laptop contains only the new USB-C ports
Genesis Track - Build an Advanced Quadruped Robot Dog with Advanced Robotics Lab
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
100% will be refunded if cancellation request is received by 11:59PM Pacific time on May 10, 2024 - no questions asked.
In the unlikely event of a new COVID-19 lockdown for Mountain View being announced within 30 days before the session starts, you will be able to change from in-person to zoom attendance, or if that is not preferable, 80% will be refunded.