Most of us get an idea in our heads from time to time where we visualize a physical object of some specific shape, because we think that having it would make something easier, or make something impossible possible. And most of us end up letting it go within just a few minutes because we think that thinking anymore along those lines is pointless, because.. who has the time and resources to get something manufactured?
Now imagine if instead of abandoning the idea, you could actually begin to work on it and within a few hours have the object sitting right in front of you, doing the thing you imagined it would do! It creates a special kind of joy, a feeling unmatched by pretty much any other other kind of activity.
In this class students will first learn how to design physical objects for solving a particular problem, and then learn how to bring those creations to life using 3D printing. We will start from the basics, and take them on a journey of increasing application to real-world situations. At the end of the course, each student will an intuitive understanding of which situations 3D design and printing are applicable, and how to use those skills to solve real problems.
- 3D design using Autodesk Fusion 360
- Solid modeling
- Designing gears
- How 3D printers work, different materials
- Design and print several everyday objects
- Design and print other objects with increasing complexity
Social Distancing Policy
We are taking the utmost care to ensure a maximally safe setup. The session is designed for individual learning and not group activity.
- A mask is mandatory at all times with nose and mouth securely covered
- 6ft distancing between every individual desk
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes will be provided
- Desks and chairs will be completely wiped down between sessions
- The same desk will be reassigned to the same child on consecutive days
- Always open front and back doors, with extra cross-ventilation forced air through back to front of building to ensure constant fresh air.
What To Bring
- Each student must bring his/her own Mac Or Windows laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install Autodesk Fusion 360
- Chromebook and other Linux OS computers will not work
3D Design and 3D Printing for Robotics
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
100% will be refunded up to 14 days before session starts, no questions asked.
In the unlikely event of a new COVID-19 lockdown for Mountain View being active within 14 days before the session starts, you will be able to change from in-person to zoom attendance. If that is not preferable, 100% will be refunded.