Evodyne's Advanced Robotics Program for Middle School Students
- Self-Paced Program with Unlimited Live Support from Mountain View, California
- All robots and kit hardware are included in the cost. Kits will be dispatched upon completion of registration.
- You are welcome to work on your robots during office hours any Saturday from 2:30 - 5pm with an instructor present at our Mountain View office.
- Instructional content for learning robotics and building the provided robots will be made available immediately upon registration. You will have a very clear pathway to following the instructions, and will need to clear small quizzes and tests along the way to ensure concepts are retained and building the robot successfully is guaranteed.
- Evodyne's Advanced Robotics Program Certification will be granted and dispatched upon successful completion at each level.
You will become an expert at modern robotics and get hands-on experience by building your own AI enabled Robotic Arm using Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and an advanced camera-enabled Mobile Robot. You will gain experience in programming, electronics, 3D Printing, computer vision and much more.
The course progresses over 2 levels with consecutive projects of increasing depth and expertise. A new kit is provided at the beginning of each level which adds on to the build from the previous level. We recommend signing up for only one level at a time.
Unlike other programs that use pre-manufactured "kits", in this course you will learn, program, and manufacture a small robotic arm from scratch. By the end of this session, you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of programming an Arduino and connecting various sensors and motors together using actual individual wires, not proprietary connectors
- An intuitive understanding of electricity and current
- Knowledge of basic electrical components like breadboards, resistors, capacitors, potentiometers, LEDs, servo motors and PWM signaling
- Get an introduction to 3D Printing and 3D Design
- You will also learn some of the real-world applications of the geometry you learn at school!
- You will receive your own kit will all the supplies required.
Building upon the basic robotic arm built in Part 1, in this course you will modify your arm by adding several elements including a Raspberry-Pi and Camera, that will ultimately make it fully AI-enabled, and Wi-fi connected, and learn how to program it to do all kinds of activities.
By the end of this session, you will have received:
- An introduction to advanced topics including face recognition and its application to robotics by implementing live interactive face-following with their EvoArm.
- Learn how to program your robot to play songs on any typical piano keyboard.
- Deep dive into the Raspberry Pi and how to interface it with Arduino and other IOT devices and sensors.
- Learn how to program several robotic activities like box stacking for warehouses, object pick and place, writing on a whiteboard using their EvoArm, and so on.
- Python programming
- A Raspberry-Pi camera will be mounted on top of the arm and you will learn how to program the arm to see through the camera and react accordingly
- You will receive their own kit with all the parts and supplies required including Raspberry Pi and camera.
None. Previous programming experience will help, but is *not* required.
- You must have your own Mac Or Windows laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install the Arduino IDE and other necessary utilities.
- Chromebook will not work
- A USB-C to USB adapter if your laptop contains only the new USB-C ports
- Philips / Cross-head screwdriver
Build an AI Enabled Robotic Arm For Middle Schoolers
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
We're confident you're going to love our robotics courses. If you're not 100% satisfied, simply return the complete robotics kit and we will refund you within 30 days of purchase.