Build an advanced robotic arm completely from scratch with Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and take it home once built!
Unlike other classes that use pre-manufactured "kits", in this class students will learn, program, and manufacture a small robotic arm from scratch. By the end of this session, each student will:
- Have a thorough understanding of programming an Arduino and connecting various sensors and motors together
- An intuitive understanding of electricity and current
- Knowledge of basic electrical components like resistors, capacitors, potentiometers, LEDs, how to use a multi-meter, servo motors and PWM signaling
- Get an introduction to 3D Printing and 3D Design
- They will also learn some of the real-world applications of the geometry they learn at school!
- Each student will have brand-new hardware and non-shared equipment.
Each student will receive a box of supplies upon arrival, containing more than a hundred components, which will be used for learning and for building the robot arm. When the course is over, students are expected to take their box home for a full summer of continued enjoyment and learning. Attending the remaining sessions in the program will add the Raspberry-Pi and Camera onto the arm and make it truly AI enabled! The course on 3D printing and 3D design will also give the student a deep dive into how modern robots and mechanisms are designed and created.
Social Distancing Policy
We are taking the utmost care to ensure a maximally safe setup. The session is designed for individual learning and not group activity.
- A mask is mandatory at all times with nose and mouth securely covered
- 6ft distancing between every individual desk
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes will be provided
- Desks and chairs will be completely wiped down between sessions
- The same desk will be reassigned to the same child on consecutive days
- Always open front and back doors, with extra cross-ventilation forced air through back to front of building to ensure constant fresh air.
None. Previous programming experience will help, but is *not* required.
What To Bring
- Each student must bring his/her own Mac Or Windows laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install the Arduino IDE and other necessary utilities.
- Chromebook will not work
- A USB-C to USB adapter if your laptop contains only the new USB-C ports
Build A Robotic Arm With Arduino and Raspberry Pi- Part 1
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
100% will be refunded up to 14 days before session starts, no questions asked.
In the unlikely event of a new COVID-19 lockdown for Mountain View being active within 14 days before the session starts, you will be able to change from in-person to zoom attendance. If that is not preferable, 100% will be refunded.