In this session each student will learn the fundamentals of 3D computer vision and then apply that to robot perception . Students will test their learnings on Strider, a futuristic assistant robot with cutting-edge AI that helps around the home or office with voice commands.
Knowledge of python, algebra, basic computer science is necessary to participate in this session. Knowledge of C++ will be a big plus.
Social Distancing Policy
We are taking the utmost care to ensure a maximally safe setup. The session is designed for individual learning and not group activity.
- A mask is mandatory at all times with nose and mouth securely covered
- 6ft distancing between every individual desk
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes will be provided
- Desks and chairs will be completely wiped down between sessions
- The same desk will be reassigned to the same child on consecutive days
- Always open front and back doors, with extra cross-ventilation forced air through back to front of building to ensure constant fresh air.
What To Bring
- Each student must bring his/her own Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop with sufficient free disk space and administrative rights to install the virtual machines and associated software.
- A USB-C to USB adapter if your laptop contains only the new USB-C ports
Advanced Robotics Lab - 3D Computer Vision and Perception for Robotics - Part 2
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
100% will be refunded up to 14 days before session starts, no questions asked.
In the unlikely event of a new COVID-19 lockdown for Mountain View being active within 14 days before the session starts, you will be able to change from in-person to zoom attendance. If that is not preferable, 100% will be refunded.