Build a Raspberry Pi and ROS (Robot Operating System) controlled smart robot car with an attached robot arm and articulated camera!
By the end of this course, you will have built your own wifi-connected smart vehicle controlled by a ROS enabled rRaspberry Pi. The robot arm with camera built in Part 1 will be integrated into the vehicle to make a full mobile manipulator robot. By the end of this session, each student will have learned:
- All about motor controllers, motor drivers to directly control motors instead of integrated servos
- Fundamentals of ROS and how it is used to integrate different systems together into one cohesive unit
- Different battery types, connectors, wiring, construction techniques and where and how to buy parts
- Python programming, and interfacing with Arduino and other IOT devices and sensors will be covered in detail.
- Deeper dive into understanding differences between various robotics sectors, including robotic toys, hobbyist, consumer vs industrial segments.
- Each attendee will receive brand-new hardware and non-shared equipment.
You will receive a box of supplies upon arrival, containing the components necessary to build a smart mobile robot as well as additional elements for self-learning and exploration.
Social Distancing Policy For In-Person classes
We take the utmost care to ensure a maximally safe setup. The sessions are designed for individual learning and not group activity.
- A mask is mandatory at all times with nose and mouth securely covered
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes will be provided on every desk
- Desks and chairs are completely wiped down between sessions
- Extra cross-ventilation forced air through back to front of building to ensure constant fresh air
You must attend Part 1 before attending this workshop since the kit (and knowledge) provided in this course build upon Part 1.
What To Bring
You must bring your own Mac, Windows or Linux laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install Arduino IDE and other necessary utilities. If you have a newer Mac or Windows laptop with only USB-C ports, you must remember to bring a USB-C to USB-female adapter so you can connect the Arduino to your laptop.
Build A ROS Enabled Mobile Manipulator Robot - Part 2
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
In-Person: 100% will be refunded if you don't show up.
- Laptop (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Face Mask
Hand sanitizer, gloves, and Lysol wipes will be provided.