Convert your previously built mobile robot into a true smart autonomous self-driving vehicle, and learn how to program it to race around a track all by itself without any remote control!
You must have a previously built Mobile Manipulator Robot from Evodyne Robotics.
During this session each student will learn how to:
- Program their robot to autonomously navigate and pick up a randomly placed payload from a general designated area
- Then race around a previously unknown obstacle course without hitting the sides of the track
- While navigating turns and avoiding "pedestrians"
- Then deliver the payload to an unloading area
Students completing this session are automatically entered into Evodyne's Autonomous Racing Tournament 2021, held on the weekend of Aug 7 and 8.
Social Distancing Policy
We are taking the utmost care to ensure a maximally safe setup. The session is designed for individual learning and not group activity.
- A mask is mandatory at all times with nose and mouth securely covered
- 6ft distancing between every individual desk
- Gloves, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes will be provided
- Desks and chairs will be completely wiped down between sessions
- The same desk will be reassigned to the same child on consecutive days
- Always open front and back doors, with extra cross-ventilation forced air through back to front of building to ensure constant fresh air.
What To Bring
- Each student must bring his/her own Mac Or Windows laptop with sufficient free disk space, and administrative rights to install the Arduino IDE and other necessary utilities.
- Chromebook will not work
- A USB-C to USB adapter if your laptop contains only the new USB-C ports
Build A Competition Ready Autonomous Mobile Robot
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
100% will be refunded up to 14 days before session starts, no questions asked.
In the unlikely event of a new COVID-19 lockdown for Mountain View being active within 14 days before the session starts, you will be able to change from in-person to zoom attendance. If that is not preferable, 100% will be refunded.